The Economic Alliance was created to serve as a not-for-profit economic development organization led by a partnership of regional business executives, elected government officials and leaders from higher education focused on fostering business retention and development, job creation, workforce development and new investment throughout the Greater Baltimore region.
Market Greater Baltimore as a world-class region in which to live, work, learn and invest.
Gain global recognition for the Greater Baltimore region as a world-class market.
- To educate the general public, target companies and professional talent to the benefits of doing business, working and living in the Greater Baltimore area.
- To engage in business retention efforts, including targeting existing businesses located in the region for expansion and retention.
- To work in close cooperation with officials of Baltimore City and the surrounding county governments and civic leaders in an effort to attract more businesses and employment to the area by engaging in endeavours which will include professional prospect handling, support and outreach power.
- To serve as a resource for the Greater Baltimore metropolitan area for the purpose of fostering economic development.
- To perform non-partisan analysis, study and research of various issues relating to doing business in the region. To make the results of such research available to the public by means of discussion groups, seminars and other educational activities.
Areas of Impact
The Economic Alliance advances regional economic development by:
- Marketing – promoting the region to companies, investors and professional talent
- Business Retention – preserving the business base and facilitating growth
- Business Attraction – bringing in new business and educated workers to grow investment and jobs
- Partnership – convening business, education and government leaders to foster economic development
- Thought Leadership – conducting high-level, non-partisan analysis and research