The Economic Alliance of Greater Baltimore regularly publishes content that highlights key industries, provides critical tracking content and informs readers about special topics in the region. Click on a publication below to download.
We regularly produce studies, reports and white papers on a variety of important and topical issues regarding the regional economy. Click on the link to download the report.
- Investment Roundup: 2012-2013 Q2. An overview of trends in venture capital investment and funding raises that highlights major capital investments in Greater Baltimore companies over the last six quarters.
- Cyber Security in Greater Baltimore: A 2013 State of the Market Report. This report aims to determine the Baltimore-Washington corridor's place in the increasingly important Cyber Security market and understand how the capacity and assets of the region compare nationally.
- Education Technology in Greater Baltimore: A 2013 Market Capacity Report. This report aims to determine Greater Baltimore's place in the developing and growing EdTech industry and understand how the assets of the region may complement one another to make Baltimore the center of EdTech.
- BioHealth in Greater Baltimore: A 2013 State of the Market Report. This report aims to determine Greater Baltimore’s place in the Baltimore-Washington evolving BioHealth market and understand how the capacity and assets of this region compare nationally. The State of the BioHealth Market Report has been updated to include Cecil County employment data.
- Accelerating University Talent Development and Research & Development Partnerships at Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG): EAGB commissioned Battelle to explore the unique needs of APG to ensure its continued growth and success and provide recommendations to resolve areas of need.
- Port of Baltimore Economic Impact Study: EAGB commissioned the Regional Economic Studies Institute of Towson University to perform an economic impact analysis on the economic and fiscal impacts of the Panama Canal expansion on the Port of Baltimore.
- EdTech White Paper: An overview of the industry and what the future could hold for Greater Baltimore's IT community.
- Information Technology in Greater Baltimore: A 2012 State of the Market Report. The purpose of this report is to understand how Greater Baltimore is positioned to compete and grow in the evolving market.
Our industry profiles are one-page briefs that provide an overview of key industries in Greater Baltimore. We will continue to update and add new profiles as the economy changes.
Quarterly Economic Updates
The Economic Alliance benchmarks Greater Baltimore against the 25 largest metro areas in the US to show Baltimore’s national standing in several economic indicators. The indicators include population and growth, unemployment rate, employment growth, industry growth and concentration, per capita income, foreclosure rates and median home prices.
Click here to download the latest report.
Presentations & Media
- Job Creation: Trends, Needs, and Opportunities: EAGB President & CEO Tom Sadowski presented to the Maryland Chamber of Commerce on job creation in Maryland.
- Central Maryland BioHealth Entrepreneur's Resource and Finance Guide: EAGB partnered with BioHealth Innovation, Inc. and the Baltimore Business Journal to produce this compendium of resources for innovators and small businesses in Central Maryland. The Guide includes introductions and how-tos for protecting intellectual property, financing a business venture, and partnering with federal laboratories. To add or change information on your organization or to request a print copy of the Guide, please contact Patrick Dougherty.
- Port of Baltimore Report: The Greater Baltimore Committee and The Daily Record collaborated to produce this special publication on the Port of Baltimore that includes a 2013 outlook and a variety of statistics that describe the Port's 2012 activity.
- The Future's Growth Today: Loyola University Maryland Sellinger School of Business interviews EAGB President & CEO Tom Sadowski on forecasting the future of business in Greater Baltimore.
- Quarterly Webinar: Economic Update: Michael Combs and Patrick Dougherty discuss the Winter Quarterly Economic Update and the new BioHealth report.
- Pathologically Modest... Why?: EAGB President & CEO Tom Sadowski refuses to believe that Baltimoreans are modest about the most amazing accomplishments in Baltimore's history.
- Silicon Valley Executive Mission Debrief: EAGB provides a short synopsis of the overview and key takeaways from a mission to Silicon Valley.